Google
 

Saturday, November 26, 2005

Keep the party going.

Another holiday season is upon us, and many social organizations, businesses, families and other groups will soon have holiday parties to celebrate. But after the party is over, what will you do with all that leftover food? Keep the party going by donating leftovers to a food rescue agency. I became sold on food rescue when I worked with Potluck Food Rescue to donate food from my wedding. Remember, you can donate leftovers from all kinds of celebrations, throughout the year.

Americans throw away 27% of all food available in the country. That's one pound every day, for every child, women, and man in the US. Do your part to reduce this waste and feed those who are hungry. Food rescue is so much better than throwing good food in the trash. Contact your local food rescue agency or food bank today to arrange a donation. Or click the envelope below to forward this post to the organizers of your celebration. Party on!

"Waste is worse than loss. The time is coming when every person who lays claim to ability will keep the question of waste before him constantly. The scope of thrift is limitless." - Thomas A. Edison

3 comments:

Karama said...

In many cases, the value of the food donation can be used as a tax write-off.

Andrea Rusin said...

I love your blog -just wanted you to know!

Karama said...

Hoe Bing: Thanks for writing. I'll check out your blog and let you know if there are ways we can collaborate. I'm pleased you found and enjoy So what can I do. Thanks for the comment and please spread the word!

Andrea: I'm so glad you like So what can I do! Please let us know if you try any of the ideas, and do stop by again soon.

All: Check out this AJC article on So what can I do.