Google
 

Thursday, September 20, 2007

Choose brown.

I've never been a coffee drinker so I don't pay much attention to the coffee-related accoutrements that Kwadjo has around the kitchen. But I did notice the unbleached coffee filters he recently bought. The filters are brown because they haven't been bleached with toxic and polluting chlorine products. There are unbleached versions of many paper products, in a range of shades from brown to white. Choose them whenever you can!

"God has a brown voice, as soft and full as beer." - Anne Sexton, American Poet and Writer, 1928-1974.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You can avoid disposables entirely by getting a reusable hemp coffee filter! Back when I drank coffee I used to swear by those.

Karama said...

How cool! Thanks for the tip, Tiny. I'll be sure to tell Kwadjo.

Thanks also for reading and please stop by again soon.