Google
 

Thursday, February 14, 2008

Read, and be inspired to action.

I recently visited the Headquarters of Heifer International in Little Rock, Arkansas. They have an amazing Platinum Level LEED certified building that is really in synch with their sustainable development programs. I also enjoyed their gift shop, which has a great book selection. I've certainly been inspired to action by good books and in that spirit offer these reading suggestions:


* The Difference a Day Makes: 365 Ways to Change Your World in Just 24 Hours by Karen M. Jones


* Mentioned previously on So what can I do.
* 365 Ways To Change the World: How to Make a Difference-- One Day at a Time by Michael Norton


* Our Day to End Poverty: 24 Ways You Can Make a Difference by Shannon Daley-Harris, Jeffrey Keenan, and Karen Speerstra mentions So What Can I Do. Thanks for the shout out!


* Giving: How Each of Us Can Change the World by fellow Arkansan, Bill Clinton. Learn more about the Clinton Presidential Center and Clinton School for Public Change


* The Revolution: A Field Manual for Changing Your World edited by Heather Zydek was reviewed in So What Can I Do.


* How to Change the World: Social Entrepreneurs and the Power of New Ideas by David Bornstein

Got a book you'd like to recommend? Let me know! And note that when you order through these links (or the ones in the sidebar) you support So What Can I Do. Thank you, and happy reading.

"The way to get things done is not to mind who gets the credit of doing them." - Benjamin Jowett