Google
 

Thursday, October 07, 2004

Some recycling at WalMart - Update

This afternoon, a manager at the WalMart (I-20 and Panola) called in response to the recycling question I sent in. Evidently, they've tried newspaper recycling several times, but people fill the bins with trash. (Tsk. Tsk.)

The good news is that they accept plastic bags for recycling and they recycle their own cardboard (customers can't bring theirs in though). I got the impression that all the stores accept the bags. So bring your plastic bags to WalMart. I have a whole cabinet full of them and am glad to know where I can take them.

When he asked me if I knew of contacts for glass and plastic recycling, I referred him to the Dekalb County Farmer's Market, which is where I do all my recycling now.

To write your neighborhood WalMart, click here.